Thursday, March 17, 2005

The San Francisco Treat

Here we are in Starbucks, your Friends of the Writing Center Journal 4Cs correspondents.

Neal, you aren't doing any wearin'of the green, lad. Well Michele, I have a green backpack.

Listen here about the real lasting contribution of the Irish.

So Neal, should we tell our readers about the new special feature? Sure, Michele.

Comp Celebrity Citings!

Whoa! There goes Harvey Kail just outside our window!

What are the rules again, Michele?

You can build a portfolio of points based on multiple genres of comp celebrity citings. If you have cited someone in your work and see them from a distance, that gets you five points. If you hug the person you cited it only gets you three points. Finding yourself in an elevator with someone you cited gets you 20 points--no eye contact, sweaty palms, and no verbal exchange gets you a bonus 50 points.

Ok, any points for you yet, Neal?

I hugged you Michele, but I have never cited you...
But I did see David Russell, said hello.

Good start. Five points.

I saw John Bean, Michele!

Wow! A full 20 points.

And I hugged Joan Mullin and I also have cited her.

Ok, Neal. That looks like about 28 points so far.

I don't have as many points. I did too much hugging with those I have cited. But I did see Chuck Schuster on the airplane. We did very minimal eye contact since we have met before and I have cited him.

That's okay Michele, take the full 20 points on that one. And let's split the points on citing Harvey Kail.

Thanks, Neal. You are a pal.

-------------------------------to be continued---------------------------

5 Comments:

At 10:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been remarked that people who attend the Cs look like "teachers"! I *don't* think that was meant kindly. And, furthermore, I beg to differ. To make your Comp Celebrity Citing (CCC at the CCCC!) more exCiting and to upgrade our frumpy image, comp fashionistas could accumulate extra credit points through citings from the red carpet: Sondra Perl in Ann Taylor! (at a previous Cs: I'm only there is spirit, guys). How many points would that be worth, Michele and Neal?

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Tamara Miles said...

So interesting that you did the lunch dialogue. Last weekend, I eavesdropped on a conversation between four gay men who were at the next table. I actually lingered for their entire meal, though I had long finished mine --- just so I could listen and take notes. They talked about housekeepers and housekeeping the whole time. I knew it would make a great story, but I didn't know what the "clincher" would be. My friend Leah agrees and has given me the central part of the story I was missing: my narrator should be a housekeeper, listening to these guys run down those in her profession and then ultimately having a "f*** you" moment. I think I used the f word in another post without asteriks. I apologize if I crossed the boundaries of the blog language control committee. Let me know. So, what do you think of my idea for a story --- maybe a one-act play?

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger theorris said...

Oh and I have some points for seeing both Michele and Neal. Are those meta points?

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

runescape money runescape gold runescape money runescape gold wow power leveling wow powerleveling Warcraft Power Leveling Warcraft PowerLeveling buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape gold runescape money runescape accounts runescape gp dofus kamas buy dofus kamas Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold dofus kamas cheap runescape money cheap runescape gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium Hellgate money Tabula Rasa gold tabula rasa money lotro gold buy lotro gold Tabula Rasa Credit Tabula Rasa Credits Hellgate gold Hellgate London gold dofus kamas buy dofus kamas wow power leveling wow powerleveling Warcraft PowerLeveling Warcraft Power Leveling World of Warcraft PowerLeveling World of Warcraft Power Leveling runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling eve isk eve online isk eve isk eve online isk 血管瘤 肝血管瘤 音乐剧 北京富码电视 富码电视 富码电视台 7天酒店 7天连锁酒店 7天连锁 自清洗过滤器 过滤器 压力开关 压力传感器 流量开关 流量计 液位计 液位开关 温湿度记录仪 风速仪 可燃气体检测仪 宿县最帅的胖子

 
At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We really love your blog, i haven't seen you keeping the posts in in some time now. Is everything ok. You can reach me here = web traffic@simply pet products.com. Thanks Again Rob Dog Crates, Dog Toys ( Dog Supplies & Cat Supplies Pet Store, Dog Collars) Send Traffic Now

 

Post a Comment

<< Home